1. I have amazing face recognition skills. I remember the faces (and names) of people I played hockey and soccer with and against about 10 years ago. I also happened to awkwardly bump into them at a beer garden… And it’s awkward remembering people and them not remember you. I promise it’s just my extremely good memory for social things.
2. My feet need to be toughened up quite a bit before I can stand around at a beer garden for 6 hours.
3. My ears are very sensitive and don’t like loud speakers (or loud talkers). They physically felt like they were being assaulted.
4. Shade is good. I am not from the squash family- I do not need full sun.
5. I only have eyes for my wife. Seriously, she is the most beautiful, sexy, and fiercely tough woman out there. And that’s just at-a-glance. I mean really, who can pull off a rice picker hat?!
6. Despite my Asian-ness, I am quite able to tolerate large amounts of alcohol- AND I do not turn red at all! At $8 per drink- that makes for a frustrating expensive beer garden.
7. Mosquitoes don’t seem to bother me as much when I’m drunk (usually I’m terrified of them).
8. Despite going to bed at 3am, my body will still wake up at 6:20 am. On. The. Dot.
9. I cannot handle 2 big events on the same day. I’m such a doddler that I end up not even making it to the second event.
10. I am so very lucky to have the forever friends that I have.
Happy World Pride Toronto!