Thank you to TwoMommasInTheWorks for the nomination! Pops and Oli, you have been a pleasure to follow! This is my first nomination, and it sure feels good.
So here is how it works:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Make up a set of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
1. What state do you live in?
I live in Ontario, Canada.
2. If you weren’t pregnant or in the TTC process, what would be number one on your bucket list?
I don’t really have a bucket list. I kind of treat it as a “To Do List”. If I wasn’t trying to be host to a parasite, I would have enjoyed spending my summer either: chasing turtles in the blue ocean around Maui, walking the public markets in Thailand, or getting diarrhea in China.
3. Is your family supportive of your plan into parenthood?
My mother and sister know, but father doesn’t yet. My wife’s immediate family all know. Everyone has been very supportive so far.
4. What are three things that make you want to follow someone else’s’ blog?
Humour, relevance, and regular posts.
5. How many kids do you ideally want and what genders? Twins?
Oh gosh, I want a whole litter. Other than my parents only having two, everyone else in my extended family all had 4 kids. My grandparents on both sides had 5 and 6. It feels a bit lonely right now because I live so far away from my family, and I’m so used to having tons of cousins around.
Gender is not important to me. Children of both genders have annoyed me. lol.
Twins would be awesome (but my nipples would hurt like hell).
6. Are you planning ahead to have the same donor for other kids or one step at a time?
It was slim pickin’s for us when we were buying sperm. And I approached the situation much like one does when organic chicken broth goes on sale at Costco- I bought it alll…… But really, all meant that we ended up buying 4 viles of Cherokee (our nickname for one donor), and 2 viles of Braun (the nickname for our other donor). So far, we’ve used up 3 Cherokee and 1 Braun for IUI’s and 1 Cherokee for the IVF. 1 vile of Braun remains. If we don’t two babies out of our last two potential FETs, then we will probably use up the last Braun. Sorry for making this into a math problem.
7. Does your partner read your blog?
Yes, she does. But since she doesn’t have WordPress on her iPhone, she just kind of checks it out whenever. Sometimes this means that she misses many posts in a row, and then finally finds out that I wrote a post about her masturbating me. lol. Ooopps!
10. What made you fall in love with your partner?
It was love at first sight… in a
nasty musky hockey change room. She was running her mouth about something that I wasn’t listening to because I was staring at her abs…. and biceps…. and deltoids…
Not only that, she has a sharp wit, is extremely handy (I’m a bit of a princess at times), and super thoughtful.
11. What do you typically do Sunday mornings?
Sleep in, sip an americano in bed (care of my lovely wife), make a kick-ass brunch, and go on a romantic hike with my wife and our dogs.
1. Our little dog, Clementine (chihuahua-pug mix) aggressively humps a microfleece blanket at least 7 times after every meal. Right in our front bay window. For everyone to see. Especially the preschool group that walks daily along the sidewalk in front of our house.
2. Our big dog, Juno (husky-lab-retriever mix) has killed over 40 animals, ranging from birds, to medium sized mammals, to baby deer. She is extremely protective, and unstoppable.
3. My wife is more Chinese than I am (not literally). She is 4 inches shorter than me, has pin straight black hair (mine is wavy/curly), is proficient using chopsticks with both hands, and has actually been to China. She tops this off by sporting a rice-picker hat every year at Pride.
4. My wife used to be a competitive powerlifter.
5. We both used to play varsity field hockey for our undergraduate universities.
6. We have 6 university degrees between the two of us, and just finished paying off the student loans that they incurred in 2012.
7. I grew up playing in a family band (like the Partridge Family). We performed on a cruise ship once.
8. DW was part of the Young Astronauts Club, and witnessed the Challenger tragedy in grade 3 (1986). She remembers pointing at the TV screen, yelling “They’re all DEAD! They’re all DEAD!!!”, and was subsequently ushered out of the room by the teacher.
9. I have abnormally long limbs. I stand at 5’7”, but my wingspan measures 5’11 (they’re supposed to be the same). In medical school clinicians used me as an example of “Marfan Syndrome”. I don’t actually have Marfan Syndrome. Marfan Syndrome is actually really sad.
10. I’m really bad at foreplay. I kind of like to just get it on. DW has to remind me of these
four five syllables: “fore-play-cuddle-after”. It’s so bad that it’s kind of a joke now.
11. I have dreadlocks. They are self-maintaining, clean, and beautiful. They also smell amazing- like
scalp and Aveda.
(The little dog demonstrating the proper “cuddle after” technique)
Hilarious, honest, and super awesome. These girls are doing their first FET today!
2. Not Sisters http://notsisters.wordpress.com/2014/07/17/6249/
Also hilarious, very entertaining, and apparently look alike. They recently miscarried, and are navigating these waters with a wee little one already.
3. Religion: Optional https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/47035424/
Their little girl Punky, should have her own Tumblr. She is friggin’ adorable. Rachael, Kim, and Punky are a sweet family that I really enjoy following. Rachel’s posts are so honest and heartfelt. Sometimes, they are a little ray of sunshine in my day.
Questions for Them:
1. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
2. Team Jacob or Team Edward? Explain.
3. What is a recurring inside joke between you and your partner?
4. What is a baby name that you absolutely cannot stand?
5. What would you do if you won $20,000 dollars (that cannot be put towards baby-making or paying off debts).
6. What are 3 qualities that you love about your partner?
7. Teenage celebrity crush?
8. What is a guaranteed way to get you out of a bad mood?
9. What is your favourite comfort food?
10. Team or individual sports?
11. Describe yourself.