Thank you to Sea of Infertility, Awaiting Autumn, and Tales of a 30 Year Old Nothing for the nominations. I have received this nomination in the past, but with new blogger friends and with another year of TTC-ing, it seems appropriate to have another go at it.
Since I want to honour each blogger’s nomination, I have decided to answer all of their questions. (This might be a long one!)
First, here are The Rules:
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the award logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 7 other blogs.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
Questions from Sea of Infertility:
1. What is your favorite movie and why?
Uncle Buck. It was our (my sister and my) favourite movie during our childhood. It had that perfect mix of comedy (John Candy!), character development, and morality. I almost never watch movies more than once, but I have watched this movie almost every 5 years since becoming an adult.
2. What have you enjoyed most about blogging?
Following other people’s blogs. It makes me feel less alone in this struggle to make a baby.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
Maui, Hawaii, USA. I love the warm, clear blue ocean. I enjoy the selection of food available. Also, I kind of wish I could wear a loose tank top, shorts, and flip flops 365 days of the year.
4. If you blogged about something else (different from your current blog), what would it be?
Probably fitness (exercise), or food.
5. What is something you are most proud of?
6. What’s your most embarrassing story that you are willing to share?
I pooped on a boat once. A boat that had no toilet. I’ll leave it at that.
7. What’s your favorite infertility related joke?
I don’t really know any off the top of my head. But I did create this meme a while ago…
8. How did you know your partner was the right one for you?
When I saw her abs. When I met her dog.
9. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Because I am record-keeping obsessed, but I am also terribly disorganized. The blog archives everything nicely for me. The community support was a wonderfully unexpected side effect.
10. What infertility related book/website/piece of advice have you found the most useful?
Honestly, what has been most useful is the collective narrative of all the blogs that I follow.
Questions from Awaiting Autumn:
1. If you could live in any decade from the 1900-2010s, which one would it be and why?
The 1980’s- awesome music, terribly ugly clothes, none of this internet craziness (people still went out and did stuff in person).
2. Cats or dogs? OR BOTH!
3. If money was no object, what would your ideal day look like?
Wake up in Maui, have breakfast on the beach. Go snorkelling with my wife and three kids. Head in for a hearty lunch. Have a nap with the kids. Go play on the beach again. Have a BBQ dinner with my family. Read with my wife while the kids play. Tuck everyone in with love and kisses. Sleep. Wake up and have it not be a dream.
4. What is your WORST secret admirer experience?
I had a stalker. I have had two stalkers. One was an ex who would park outside my apartment and watch my comings and goings. Then she would call me and interrogate me about my whereabouts, trying to catch me in a “lie”. She once showed up at a hockey tournament that I was playing in, dragged me into an empty room, and locked me in it.
5. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Delicate cycle or hand wash only. Lay flat to dry 😉
6. What was your first job? What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it?
I had a job when I was 14. It was the best job for a book worm (which I was). Book Shelver in the Public Library. My only dislike was that my back hurt at the end of every shift.
7. Would you rather take 1 shot in the bum daily or 2 vaginal suppositories 3x daily? These responses will help influence a decision I need to make 🙂
Vaginal suppositories for sure. I hate needles.
8. What’s the number 1 thing you want to cross off your bucket list?
9. Hot or cold?
My wife: hot. My gluten-free beer: very very cold.
10. What’s your favourite holiday?
Summer is a holiday right? Just kidding. I love Thanksgiving.
Questions from Tales of a 30 Year Old Nothing:
- What would be your dream job (independently wealthy not being an option) Travel blogger, or food blogger.
- Describe yourself using one word, then explain why you chose that word. Thoughtful. Because I am.
- What about this TTC journey has surprised you the most? That it would take so damn long.
- Do you have siblings? How many? What are they like? I have one sister. She is entertaining. She is also really protective over me, and I’m the older one.
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why? Answered above already
- Where did you meet your SO and what was your first thought? At a hockey tournament. In the change room. “Holy 8-pack abs!”
What makes you a good fit for this company?
- Name three things in your handbag right now. I don’t carry a handbag, but if I did, there would be my wallet, phone, and Burts Bees chapstick.
- Who’s the last person you spoke to on the phone and what were you talking about? The host at Kensington Cornerstone. I wanted reservations for 3 people for lunch.
- What do you love doing the most in the whole world? Eating
- What do you hate the most about your life right now that you have the power to change, and why haven’t you changed it yet? Honestly, nothing.
Questions for My Nominees
1. You are stranded on a deserted island, you bring these 3 things.
2. All of us bloggers are stranded on a deserted island. What skill makes you an asset to the group?
3. You are most like ________ on Orange is the New Black. Explain why.
4. You have this annoying habit.
5. What does your perfect day look like?
6. What was your first impression of your partner?
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
8. What is your favourite meal?
9. Name three comfort foods that make you feel better.
10. What is on your birthday wish list for this year (other than a baby)?
I am so excited to read your responses!