Funny that it was just St. Paddy’s Day yesterday because we’ve had a mixed bag of good and bad luck.
– on day 9/10 of our present FET cycle, DW had some unexpected red blood bleeding. We’re not sure why but it certainly weirded us out.
– we were victims in a car accident on Saturday (not our fault), in which the at-fault driver drove away before we could get his/her licence plate or any real description for the police.
– our stupid insurance provider does not cover car rental, so for this accident we have to pay out of pocket for a rental car while ours gets fixed.
– as a result of the above two bad luck events we have decided to cancel this FET cycle and post-pone it to next month.
– our school board had to lay off 45 permanent teachers because of shrinking enrolment, and I was 59th from the bottom of the seniority list. I still have a job.
– we were not killed in the car accident. A mere split second difference in timing could have resulted in a tailgate through our windshield and both DW and I, and our dogs, dead.
– as a result of our good fortune mentioned above, and particularly the second one, I’ve decided not to complain about our bad luck any further.
So that’s our update. Baby-making has been delayed by another month. Yay for January babies!
(image from: http://taisuki-sakura.livejournal.com/4729.html)